On Wednesday (10/28) at 5:30pm at McAninch Complex on Field 20, we are hosting a Academy demonstration training session for those interested in playing at a higher level and considering the U9/U10 Academy League through Apex Soccer Academy.
This is NOT a tryout. It is simply an opportunity for your player to participate in training session in an Academy environment and meet the coaches. Registration for Spring soccer will open in a couple of weeks and we want to educate parents and players on this option at U9/U10 age group.
The Norwalk Soccer Club, Carlisle Soccer Club and Indianola Soccer Tribe joined forces to create Apex Soccer Academy. This is a U9/U10 Academy program under the Iowa Soccer Academy Central Iowa league.
PLEASE RSVP Here: http://goo.gl/forms/bH9ZTchjf4 There are also sessions scheduled in Carlisle and Indianola on other nights.
What is Academy?
Academy is one of two options offered at the U9 and U10 age groups. This age group is very important to the development of youth soccer players in Iowa and it is vital to create an appropriate developmental environment without making the environment too competitive or restrictive, resulting in players leaving the sport. This will allow players to play with and against players of similar ability and at a level where they will experience the most success and have the most fun playing the sport
There are no tryouts or selections at this level. All teams follow the Level 3 guidelines including 50% playing time in matches. However, the emphasis is placed on creating a playing environment that is more conducive to the individual’s development over the team’s development.
Is there another option?
Yes, Level 3 soccer will be offered by the clubs.
To help parents decide which is most appropriate, below are the characteristics of typical players who would participate in an Academy program. If your child displays a majority of them, they are probably more suited to that level of play. However, it should be noted that during a player’s soccer development, they may move back and forth between Academy and Level 3 play.
- Demonstrates sound technical skills (ball control, dribbling, shooting)
- Physically stronger, athletically quicker than most players within their age group
- High level of coordination and good agility
- During games is aggressive in their attitude and approach to getting involved and tends to dominate play
- Demonstrates high level of focus and concentration during practices and games
- Started to narrow down the number of extra-curricular activities
- Soccer is a high priority
- Practices with a ball on own time outside scheduled games and practices
- U09 player who will try out for the U11 competitive age group in the following year
Learn more about Apex Soccer Academy on this page.
Apex Soccer Academy’s website should be live in early November.
More information can be found on Iowa Soccer’s website at http://www.iowasoccer.org/u09_u10_academy/